The MENU > MESH page on the Service Mesh Manager web interface shows information about your service mesh and the control planes.
The page shows the following real-time information:
The mesh in numbers
- CONTROL PLANES: The number of Istio control planes in the mesh.
- CLUSTERS: The number of clusters in the mesh.
- ISTIO PROXIES MEMORY USAGE: Current memory usage of the Istio proxies (sidecars).
- ISTIO PROXIES CPU USAGE: Current CPU usage of the Istio proxies (sidecars).
- ISTIO PROXIES NOT RUNNING: The Istio proxies (sidecars) that are not running for some reason.
Displays basic status information about the clusters in the mesh.
This is mostly useful in the multi-cluster setup when multiple clusters are in the mesh.
This section displays information and metrics about the Istio control planes in the mesh, including version and revision information, and validation errors.
Click on a specific control plane to display information about:
- The pods of the control plane.
- The proxies of the control plane and their synchronization status.
- List of validation issues found in the configurations.
- The trust bundles defined for the control plane.
- Detailed metrics about the resource usage of Istiod and the proxies.
Shows information and status about the pods of the control plane.
Lists the proxies managed by the control plane, and the synchronization status of the cluster discovery service (CDS), listener discovery service (LDS), endpoint discovery service(EDS), and route discovery service (RDS) for the proxy.
Shows the trust bundles defined for the control plane.
Lists the validation issues for the entire control plane.
The timeline charts show the version and revision of the Istio proxies used in the mesh, as well as error metrics from the Istio Pilot agent, for example, rejected CDS and EDS configurations. (Istio Pilot agent runs in the sidecar or gateway container and bootstraps Envoy.)
To display more detailed metrics about the resource usage of Istiod and the proxies, click on a control plane in the Control planes section.